Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Pre-departure update

So, it's official, Adam is indeed flying out with me tomorrow.  He got his visa yesterday, and is now one of those kids Lauren tells stories about to all the kids just heading out.  We had some drama today with not knowing exactly what we need to have besides our visas to enter the UK, but that's all been squared away.

And I'm enjoying some "peace and quiet" with the puppies outside... peace and quiet all being relative, as the two of them are rarely peaceful or quiet this time of night.  Plus they slept all day.  Yay border collies!  Also, just so I have this down for prosperity, I'd like to share that I am 100% totally freaked out and 100% totally wondering if this was the right thing to do at all.  Of course it is, and I know I won't regret it once I get there, but right now, well, I'm not so excited.  Just pre-trip jitters, I'm sure.  Tomorrow at the airport is gonna be somethin' else, as I'm the second worst at goodbyes in like... the entire world.  And my mom is first.  :P  I love you mommy!  But we'll get through it, since we have to, and my next update will be when I get the change in England!  That's actually a pretty exciting thought.

By the way, if anyone wants some excellent New Mexican food, Los Cuates is amazing, as is El Patio down by UNM.  I've been to both within the past week and they were excellent!

Alright, time for me to go.  Talk to y'all on the flipside! (*gulp*)  Haha, just kidding.  I'm fine, I'm just a little dramatic (and we all know who I got THAT from.  Hi mom!  I love you!  Again!  :P)  Adios for now!

1 comment: